Sunday, January 9, 2011

Starting a New Brew.

So today, Daniel (My roommate and business partner) and I will be starting a new 5 gallon batch of American Lager. I wanted to do an American Lager because it is a more basic brew. This batch is more to understand the processes to go through rather than to actually brew righteous beer. (Obviously, a righteous brew will never be unwelcome). I have a much more general, big picture mindset; and this project is to try and understand that brewing is a more of an exact science than my personality wants. I want to teach myself to understand when little things are happening so they become my general understanding, rather than just throwing stuff together.

I will post again within the next few days to show how everything is looking, there may be a picture or too :) and I also hope to get on a regular blogging schedule now that the holiday season has settled down,

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited to see how your brew comes along! Definitely make sure to take pictures- oh and save me a bottle when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete