Saturday, December 25, 2010

Its A Christmas Baby

Welcome all!

My name is Will, and I'm starting this blog because I want to make beer and I want you all (my friends) to be a part of it. I also think that by starting a blog I will be kept accountable and won't be able to slack or be terribly stupid.

I'm not a total amateur brewer. I have made one batch before this... I made a batch of hard cider, and learned quickly that home brewing isn't a Betty-Crocker  cake in a box, its a Bill Nye science project. I learned quickly that you can't throw a bunch of stuff together and get the right result. you have to measure meticulously, and check often to make sure things haven't gone south.

Which brings us to the name. Gorilla fist. 
The name started as a theory I had that any beer company could be successful with a name consisting of a an animal followed by a body part. think about it; Lion's Head, Parrot Head, Dogfish Head, etc. Also, the opportunity for innuendos and inappropriate marketing is vast; so if you have any innuendos or inappropriate ways to market Gorilla Fist, please feel free to comment below. 

Now, as you can tell, to day is Christmas! I got some dress clothes and ties for the professional world I will inevitably enter in about 7 months. But I also got a bunch of home brewing equipment. a hand capper, bottle caps, thermometer, and two home brew kits. the American Lager and the Brewer's Choice Amber Ale. both come from homebrewery.com.

I plan on starting the American Lager in about two weeks when I get back to my apartment, until then, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment