Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Super Sunday!

The day has finally arrived, and what better way than with a Superbowl featuring none other then my Green Bay Packers. Daniel and I decided that a Gorilla Fist tasting would be best during halftime, where we could enjoy our beer and try and forget that Fergie exists.
The Verdict.....Success!!

Our beer tastes great! very light and not very complex, but it's exactly what we expected. If I had to compare it, I'd say maybe similar to Yuengling. We did add a bit too much priming sugar (you have to add that to bottles to carbonate the beer, also called Bottle Conditioned Beer) which caused the bottles to foam up a little, but it also gave it a great bubbly taste; And, judging from my alcohol barometer (My lightweight tolerance) as well as our hydrometer (actually used to measure alcohol content) I've determined Gorilla Fist American Lager to be between 6-7% alcohol by volume. Not bad.
To make things better, the Packers WON  THE SUPERBOWL!! One small step for the Packers, one giant leap for Gorilla Fist Brewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment